Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Through the Room Crisis - Maybe

I think I've managed to wade through the room decor crisis over the past two days. I'm not ready yet to reveal the solution because I'm waiting on bedding, but at least I'm not in a nut house or divorced (which is a major accomplishment at this point). I've had to face my worst fear over the past two days - making decisions ALONE. Steve had to travel to Chicago for work for a day and a half and that left me with my in-laws. My precious, hard-working, non-interfering in laws who refused to bail me out and make decisions for me. They left everything up to me. Without Steve or my Mom, who are experts in getting me through my decision slumps, I was forced to think through things on my own. I did break a sweat a couple of times and my heartburn definitely kicked up, but all in all I made solid decisions - in a somewhat reasonable amount of time. And the solo part is something that I'm pretty proud of.

Now that the man who actually brings my creative dreams (or rather the ideas I rip off from web sites and such) is home, we can finish up things. So far things are looking great. I will hint and say that I have one traditional room and another room that pushes me a LOT. It is way beyond my comfort zone on the color scale and I'm attempting to mix traditional with a little more whimsical/contemporary styles and I'm not sure I'll achieve it. But the past few days have been great, I'm proud that I've proven to myself I can get through things on my own and am excited to pull everything together with my artist husband's help. Thanks to my wonderful in-laws who worked themselves to death while I sat away from paint fumes and just directed them on what to do. I think we've officially made 12 trips to Lowe's in three days (an all-time record) and handled a TON of unexpected obstacles- did I mention that we couldn't find some of the hardware for the crib? Or that we didn't have any tools here? As you can tell I planned really well for our house decorating trip - ha! Maybe it will all come together before we have to leave this weekend. I will be anxious to show the results. At least my "nesting" phase will be complete and this house will be ready for us when we move back!!

1 comment:

  1. Love reading your blogs. Proud of you for making decisions (no one can understand this unless they have been with you to buy - say - bathroom cleaner) and you have to smell of every one! Can't wait to see the girls' rooms. I'm jealous I missed out - love to make decisions and tell other people what to do and how to do it. :)

    ReplyDelete