Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Curse of Indecision

I am SO indecisive!! Which is a sin, by the way, according to the Word. I need to be repenting, big time. Anyone who has ever attempted to go through a decision making process with me knows how painful this truly is. It wears people thin and gets on even my own nerves. Doesn't matter if it's kitchen cleaner or a bigger decision (like how to decorate Elle's nursery), I can debate, analyze and wring hangs with the best of them. Completely and truly OCD. I think it's my fear that it can "always be better". That's there's another, greater option that I won't choose. That I'll miss the mark and have regret.

So this past week was crunch time, time to finish planning Elle's nursery - a major decision and battle for me. I've been debating between two different bedding options for weeks. Both very cute in their own way. Both a similar theme, the whole "bird" thing that seems to be everywhere right now. Both precious colors - one more traditional and "girly" and one a little more fresh and contemporary. One on SALE, one NOT. Most definitely NOT. What should the nursery be?? (Sidebar - I'm going to quit saying nursery. It's a lovely word but makes one envision this grand, large room, filled with sunlight, organized toys, a beautiful crib with custom made bedding and even Mary Poppins. This will be a plain and simple baby's room. A crib, a couple of pieces of furniture that were mine when I was little - it was the 70's I'll remind you - and a rocker that's an ugly yellow.) The trick was finding bedding that worked with all of these "prerequisites" already inherited for the baby's room. After hours of agony and the trip to Springdale closing in I made my choice on Friday.

Indecisiveness conquered, on with the plan. Crib bedding is in hand, paint chips and samples gathered and we are now here in Springdale ready to go. Then Lowery comes in today and says, "I've decided I want the new room, to move across the hall and give Elle my old room." WHAT?Here I go again; a vicious, vicious cycle. Now I have some crib bedding that was bought to go with yellow/green furniture, Lowery's current room with light pink walls and of course the ugly yellow rocker. Too many options, so many combinations on how to use furniture, what to switch around, what to do. I had a plan. I had won. That's over, my worst nightmare has begun. So how am I going to pull it all together?? I have no EARTHLY idea. But I only have 5 days and a limited budget to figure it out. Stay tuned for pictures and updates....

3 comments:

  1. You are cracking me up! I know this is serious with you, but from my standpoint it's funny, sorry :).. It will all come together and it will be perfect!! Chill little mamma

    ReplyDelete
  2. My suggestion...buy the clearance bedding at Wal-Mart and be done with it! HaHa!! Poor Beau, he has no idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure it'll be perfect no matter what you decide!! And remember with girls, you'll be changing it a million times anyway! I know Jansen has changed bedding and paint on the wall at least 4 times since we've been in this house(only 10 years!) and I still can't even talk about painting over Isabel's precious nursery murals I did by hand without feeling sick! So my advice is DON'T invest too much! :)

    ReplyDelete