Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Spring Break Projects

We had such a busy and productive Spring Break in Springdale at the house (right up until we had to leave a day early because of the snow). I use "we" very loosely because it was actually Steve and Jerry and Carla (in-laws) who did much of the work. We couldn't have made it without them, everyone worked so hard. Here's what we got done - sorry I have to make a list, it just makes me feel better to see it all laid out and checked off!

1) Painted artwork on the wall in the nursery. I'm so proud of my husband, it turned out better than I even imagined! I think it totally makes the room and am lucky to have a husband that doubles as an artist!
2) Painted Lowery's new room, walls and ceiling. It took 3 coats because I did bright yellow over brown. Smart, I know.
3) Put up blinds in both Lowery's room and nursery
4) Hung curtains in Lowery's room
5) Painted some wall art for Lowery's room
6) Trimmed back all of the shrubs/plants in beds around the house
7) Laid down new mulch in all beds (30 bags)
8) Had heating system repaired and sprinkler system repaired
9) Cleaned out mud room and pantry
10) Switched closets out between nursery and Lowery's new room

All of that in just five days! It was worth it, the house is ready for Spring and for two little girls later this summer. As I mentioned earlier, Lowery decided at the last minute she wanted to switch rooms and take the room across the hall. We were lucky in that the new crib bedding we chose happened to match Lowery's old pink paint perfectly and even looks like we bought it to go in that room. The snow really put a damper on things - we needed that last day to work! We didn't get to quite finish up things. Lowery's room needs some color and decor, a new light fixture put up, another lamp and her real night stands. Elle's room needs curtains and some more artwork over the dresser and ideally a larger rug. But all in all I'm very happy with how the rooms turned out. All they need are a few giggles from two precious girls and they will change from just empty rooms to the life of the house!

Nursery (top 3) and Lowery's Room (bottom pic):











2 comments:

  1. They are absolutely precious!! How exciting to have them done. I SO wish you were still in Springdale. We're going this weekend and I'm gonna be free Friday night. My big boys and NaNa and PaPa are going to the Razorback baseball game. Maybe Beau and I will do some uninterrupted shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trying to get back in the swing of blogging...maybe! The girls' rooms look GREAT! Guess I'm going to have to get all of that baby girl I can early this summer!
    PS - want to come mulch my flower beds? No, wait...the unicorn did it! Ha Ha

    ReplyDelete