Maybe these pictures will give a glimpse into the fun we've had around here the past week in Dallas. Even though it was only a week, it seems like a month ago that we drove through sleet and snow from Springdale and arrived at a house filled with more laughter and excitement than we've had in a while. I think Lowery considers her real Spring Break this past week even though she was in school. Anytime her beloved cousins are here, she is happy and in rare form. We had such a great time with the Connor, Calloway, Murphree and Perry crews, here are a few recaps:
- Lowery and Abbi's purchase of matching Skechers Twinkle Toes light up shoes (she counts on her cousins to keep her in style, thanks for the inspiration Isabel and Abbi). And Lowery's inability to walk normally since then because she's trying to light them up. Resembles some horrible form of flamenco dancing. Other inspirations from her cousins? Makeup application (thanks Jansen, see pic above for Lowery's attempt), a Nintendo DS (thanks Abbi) and an I Touch (thanks Chloe). You guys are killing me!
- A ride on a real live rainbow unicorn at her friend Brooke's birthday party. Did you all notice that there was even glitter on the hoofs? (hooves? whatever, I don't know). That poor pony got abused by the girls at the party and the spray paint in its mane. But it was fun to watch!
- A picture perfect day at the Fort Worth zoo with Joshua, Peyton and Chloe. Beautiful weather and the show the lions put on for us (I've never actually heard a lion roar like that) made for an awesome outing.
- The thoughtfulness of our family for Lowery - of Brandi to get her a pink bunny at Target after Lowery had to sadly watch her other cousins pick out prizes with their ticket winnings at Dave and Busters. Lowery didn't even have enough tickets to get a paper umbrella drink. And the thoughtfulness of Sunshine and Chloe to bring Lowery back a flag and princess bracelet from Medieval Times after Lowery had to stay at home and get in bed early for school instead of going with them.
- My Mom and Dad here with me for a few days, my favorite company:)
- 8" of snow here in Texas on the day we were supposed to go to Six Flags and a 2nd year in a row it's ruined Spring Break plans for Lowery's cousins
- Two big fat Fs on a pregnancy tests this past week. Flunked my first sugar test and found out I was anemic (I guess my six month diet of potato soup doesn't do much for the iron levels). At least my Mom was here with me during the dreaded 3-hour long 2nd sugar test. And I passed that one, thank goodness.
- Dad breaking his regular glasses and looking like Roy Orbison the rest of the time he was here because all he had was his prescription sunglasses to see with. Had to wear them inside restaurants. And inside stores. And at night watching TV.
- Ringo's lack of love for all the boys that were here at the house. But he loves the girls!
- I somehow broke my camera at the zoo. Who needs one of those before the birth of a baby anyway? (And I also can't get to the pictures from our time with the Perrys.)
- The quiet here today after having family around for a week.
Anyway, the highs definitely outweighed the lows and we had such a good time with everyone. And for all of you who haven't visited in Dallas you can clearly see that you are missing a good time!!