Wednesday, May 26, 2010

See me on TV?






Don't worry, no one did! Unfortunately I did not make it on the WGN broadcast of the Cubs/Rangers game this past weekend (I didn't make a poster, that was just a joke). But I did gets lots of looks of disbelief and sympathy from just about everyone at the game - and the guys working in front of the first aid station jokingly said they had a bet that I would end up there by the 3rd inning. It was SO hot and the sun was blazing. I really can't believe I actually decided to go - it was pretty miserable but all in all worth it in the end.

Lowery and I spent a lot of time out on the concourse where the breeze and shade were plentiful. Our tickets were perfect and I got to see some of the game, but mostly preferred it where it was cooler. I think we drank about $40 worth of bottled water, I guess a good investment to keep me hydrated. It's amazing what attention a nine month pregnant stomach can get you on a hot day. It seems like it was an open invitation to all sorts of people to sit beside us at the picnic tables and get all of the information on the pregnancy. I didn't mind and Lowery of course loves talking to anyone and everyone (we did have one older man who, although nice, kind of over stayed his welcome - and caused Lowery to ask me why he was carrying around 3 cups of "iced tea" at one time. Ha!)

We had a great day. Lowery enjoyed rooting for the Rangers (vs. me and Steve rooting for the Cubs). During the few hours we were there she racked up a pillow case (that day's game giveaway), two Rangers tattoos, a pink rangers hat, an Ian Kinsler jersey t-shirt, hot dog, a lemon chill cup, pink cotton candy and her portion of the bottled water spree. Needless to say that sugar rush crashed and so did she about 2 minutes into the ride home.

I did manage to make it through the heat without passing out or going into labor, although I don't think I would repeat it if given the chance again. Next time we'll go for the night game tickets! This time last year when we moved here it was well into June before we got much over 90 degrees and we were always bragging about how good the weather was going. Of course now that I'm pregnant we're already in the 90's and to hit 95 this weekend. Isn't that the way it goes? Anyhow, there won't be any more take me out to the ballgame singing for me for a while... Now, Lowery? She made me wash that bright red Rangers pillow case as soon as we got home and already has it front and center on her pink and brown polka dot bed. I think she's ready to go back to a game anytime, cheer for Ian and get that sugar rush going again. So far she's turning out just like her mommy - I remember well all of the days when I was growing up, watching the Atlanta Braves with my Dad and becoming a baseball fan. I think Steve is pretty happy she had a good time at the game, too :) Speaking of, one final point. Ever notice that when Dad goes shopping with the girls at the mall he says no to every justice shirt, purse or jewelry that the little girl asks for? But take her to the ballgame and all of sudden money is no object and we end up with enough Rangers stuff to impress even Nolan Ryan... Hmmm...

1 comment:

  1. I really can't BELIEVE you went to the game...total craziness :) I could not stop thinking about you on Sunday when we were at the lake. As I was floating behind Evan helping him learn to ski it really felt like de ja vu!!! I really miss you and can't wait to meet Miss ??? I have some really great baby stuff that says Elle...so if you don't name her Elle maybe you can talk one of your cousins into it??? HA! That's what I get for jumping the gun huh :)We've got to talk soon! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete