Wednesday, May 5, 2010

34 Week Update

It's so hard to believe that I have just a few weeks before Elle arrives. Just a quick update for everyone on what we know so far about baby girl. As of last week she weighs about 5 pounds, 4 ounces, and already has lots of hair (like her sister). I was hoping to avoid a repeat of the Elvis pompadour that Lowery sported at birth, but looks like we might be in for round two. Maybe it will be red - I don't know though, is a red mop better? Probably not.

Anyway, she is completely healthy from what we can tell and doing great. The most important thing is her size, since being underweight is a possible side effect of my blood pressure and medicine. She is just where she should be (maybe even a little ahead). The only thing is that she's turned the wrong way - she's had her head down forever, but flipped last week while we were out to dinner, over a hamburger at Purple Cow to be exact. The ultrasound last week did confirm that she was breach, but we have plenty of time to get that straightened out and going in the right direction.

We are so blessed and happy to see God's promise fulfilled in every aspect of this pregnancy. At this 34 week mark with Lowery I was on bed rest, taking about 6 pills a day and already showing signs of kidney trouble. As of now my blood pressure is still picture perfect, I haven't increased my medication once and everything is going well. I will begin weekly appointments next week (hard to believe) and will have frequent tests to help us know exactly when the right time is for her debut. I have hopes of making it to Lowery's dance recital on June 7th, so everyone say a prayer for her to arrive after that date.

Until then we have a pretty packed schedule so I am hoping the time will pass quickly. I will keep the updates coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment