Saturday, May 22, 2010

All in a Week as Mom



Last Saturday: Precious little baby shower luncheon with some of my great friends here in the big D. Thanks girls, I had a wonderful time!




Monday: 50's Sock Hop Day at Lowery's School













Wednesday: Whipped up a little chicken and spaghetti, salad, bread and fresh strawberry pie, my husband's favorite meal to welcome him back from a Chicago business trip - and for my parents who were in town. Hips and back felt like I'd been in torture chamber all day so the only reason I mention the meal is to say that it's most likely my last big hurrah in the kitchen before baby arrives.

Thursday: Rescued baby bunny rabbit from drowning in the pool. Dad fished it out with net, we dried it off, helped get him warm and out of shock and back to his Mommy. So glad my Dad has been here the two times I've had to get "wild" animals out of the pool. Is there anything more precious than a baby bunny?



















Friday: The answer is yes, there is one thing I can think of that's cuter than a baby bunny - my sweet baby girl. Here she is, only 2 - 3 weeks from delivery in all of her chubby-cheek, 7 pound-4 ounce glory. My doctor's appointment confirmed she's doing great, I'm doing great, now we wait and see what happens in the next couple of weeks. It is close!



















Coming up for the weekend? I will attempt to attend a Texas Rangers-Chicago Cubs baseball game in Arlington. Tune in to WGN Sunday afternoon to try and catch a glimpse of me. I'll be the fat one holding up a poster that reads "I delayed labor to come watch the Cubs". Surely that will get me on TV, don't you think?

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe how close it's getting! Chuck and I will be out there the 9th-11th for a meeting he has (I'm tagging along!). Kandi will be here with the girls. Have fun at the game- bet it won't be as fun as when we all went together last year. The weather was perfect that night! I'll look for you on TV. Tell Lowery she looks perfectly 50's in her poodle skirt. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos are amazing and super cute!!! i wish we could get a 3D ultrasound for our little guy!
    Following you now :)
    btw, you are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete