Sunday, May 30, 2010

Last Day of K












I cannot believe Lowery finished Kindergarten Friday and is now an official 1st grader. It has been an exceptional year. I cannot tell you how much we love Prestonwood, how much of a blessing it has been to Lowery, me and Steve. People have been wonderful to reach out to us and we would be lost without the friends we've made there.

Also, Denise Thornton is the BEST teacher I could have ever hoped for. Her manner with the kids, style of teaching and combination of love and discipline were perfect for Lowery. I know God placed her in that class for a reason. And Lori Collins, Mrs. Thornton's aide, formed a special bond with Lowery that I am so thankful for. All of us Moms have commented over and over what a wonderful group of kids they were and what an amazing year it has been. Thanks so much to her teachers and school for giving us an unbelievable kindergarten experience.

Lowery received the "Diligence" and "Sweet as a Cupcake" awards. I am very proud of her year and the little girl she's growing in to. My favorite of her kindergarten accomplishments? Her bible journal of all the verses she's studied and learned throughout the year, which she loves to look at and study in her room. That's what PCA is all about and we are so thankful. Can't wait for 1st grade!


No comments:

Post a Comment