Thursday, August 21, 2008

First School-Day Meltdown

Well, Lowery had her fist official meltdown before school today.  She couldn't wake up and get out of bed and she was dragging.  I managed to get some breakfast down her and then we tried to get ready quickly.  The "fixing of the hair" put us over the edge.  I was bound and determined to do pig-tails today (bad choice).  It ended up in tears, with her sobbing, "I don't want to go to school!"  I thought, okay here we go.  Steve and I managed to get her out the door and into the car, with the help of faithful friend piggy.  I sat here in anticipation, anxiously awaiting the phone call from Steve to see if she actually made it in okay.  He called and said within minutes she was fine and proceeded to talk about some cows that she saw the whole ride to school.  She was happy to go in and was doing fine.  Whew, crisis somewhat averted.  I tried to get a picture during the sobbing, but she wouldn't go for it.  I will be happy to see her when I pick her up and will be glad to have a day off tomorrow!  Here's to sleeping in!!

3 comments:

  1. April, I was wondering where you all were this morning, Bless her heart! I'm glad everything came out good in the end.. Thank you cows and thank you Lord ! :)
    I hope her day is great at school, youll have to post and tell us about it!
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a slight meltdown, too, over water bottles. Ahhh, the joys of parenting girls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meltdowns are so fun! I like it when I'm in a good enough mood that I can laugh at them, which really irritates my kids! :)

    ReplyDelete