Wednesday, August 20, 2008

First Day of School!






We had a successful first day!  To quote Lowery, "It was great!"  She made new friends, got settled into her room with her teacher Mrs. Russell, went to the library for a story and met her Spanish teacher.  She seemed most excited about playing outside and eating lunch in the cafeterias (note she said nothing about learning anything).  She did great when we dropped her off and she was happy when we picked her up.  Other than a little craziness in the parking lot at pick-up time, everything went smoothly.

I fared pretty well - my sweet husband took the day off so I wouldn't be too upset.  I knew Lowery was ready for this so that made it easier on me.  Steve and I got to have a nice lunch at PF Changs and spent the day car shopping (we do have a new ride, The Silver Bullet - details to come later).  Before I knew it, 3:00 had arrived so it went by pretty fast.  

I'm very excited for her and we are so blessed that she has this opportunity to attend such a great school with good friends.  Her new friend in class, Logan, met her at the hallway this morning and they held hands all the way to class.  Fun times!!  Thank you Lord for a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah Lowery! You look waaay too grown up in those pictures. Jansen and Isabel had a good first day at school too, except for the monsoon that made traffic crazy! We had a blast at Disney World and hope to have pics up soon to share. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete