Monday, June 22, 2009

Swimming with the cast




It ain't pretty (and neither am I in these lovely pool glamour shots), but we have tried to let Lowery get somewhat in the pool the last week.  We take a plastic bag and tape it around her cast.  She props it up on a towel on the side of the pool.  She can walk around and play on the steps - she has these plastic fairies and mermaids that can keep her busy for an hour or so in their underwater "world" on the steps.  Or sometimes she gets on the raft and floats with me, which she calls the "lazy river."  I know I am pushing it letting her get close to the water  -  and only one slip would be all she wrote and the cast would be soaked.  But it is getting really hot here and I feel sorry for her, not being able to swim.  Plus, it's the last few days in the cast so I figure it can't do so much damage if it gets wet.  Only 3 more days to go in this thing - counting down to cast removal and beach!! 

 

1 comment:

  1. I have been trying to figure out how to get OG in the pool. I think I miss it more than she does. I will have to try this on her cast. I haven't tried taping. I have just used rubber bands and they do let some water in. We sure do miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete