Monday, August 24, 2009

More Texas Wildlife in the Backyard

Okay, for those of you who haven't visited us in Dallas yet, please note before you read this that we do not live in the slums.  It will be hard to convince yourself of that after reading this post, but please believe.

So Steve and I have been homeowners for 7 years now.  And in the past 3 weeks we've had to deal with things we've NEVER had to deal with before.  And it's not even our own home. Everyone's telling us that it's just Texas and the summer.  I don't care what it is, I'm ready to move back to Springdale TODAY.  Our first visitor, if you remember the post a couple of months ago, was a snake in the pool.  It was gross, creepy - but I got over it, that happens in pools.  Next was the ant invasion.  Started a couple of weeks ago.  They were everywhere. Inside the house.  We've had the pest control people out multiple times - today was the 5th.  We're bff with the service man now.  One night I was laying there in bed and felt my hand hurting.  Turns out the fire ants were in our BED, on MY side - lots of them.  I haven't gotten over that yet.

Then, construction began on a new home right behind us.  Always count on that to stir things up.  We've got a great colony of ear wigs outside among the rocks, but that I can handle as long as they're outside.  Then on Saturday Lowery and Steve were swimming in the pool - I heard him yelling for Lowery to get out "NOW" - I assumed it was another snake.  Wrong.  Way wrong.  Just take a little look at the pic.  I can't handle it.  I'm done.  Packing up and moving back today.  See you all soon.  


And just in case you want to tell yourself it's a cute raccoon, it's not.   Positively, 100% RAT.


No comments:

Post a Comment