Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Last Girls Day Before School






I'm WAY behind on blogging - sorry!  We've been around the world the past two weeks - all over Arkansas and back several times, had company almost every night we've been here in Texas (which we've loved by the way) and are frantically getting ready for school.  Thank goodness my Mom has been here for support the last week or so, it's been absolutely hectic.

But we are getting ready for the 1st big day tomorrow - still wondering how in the world we are starting Kindergarten, much less in Texas at a school where we don't know a soul.  But it's all a part of this journey God has us on and we're enjoying the ride (for the most part).

Now that we're settled a bit, I will do my best to keep up a little better with the blog.  I've already missed so much that I should have shared - Lowery's birthday festivities, our rent house "challenges" (if you haven't heard the ants story, just call and ask - it's better in person), additional trips to Six Flags, new dance place, etc.  But I've got to get back into it somewhere, so I'll share some pics of our last "girls day" before school. 

We thought there was no better way to begin our first day of an ultra-conservative private school than with a brand new layer of flashy hot-pink fingernail polish - so we headed to Sweet & Sassy for Lowery's first mini manicure/pedicure.  My Mom and I joined her and we had a blast - the only downer is that we couldn't finish off the mani/pedi with the glitter dust in the hair.  Thought that would be beyond the legal limits for school.  We then did a little shopping and had a great day together, just the girls.  I was looking at at Lowery's little feet during her pedi today - I used to have such horrible time finding shoes for her because of her little "pork chop" feet.  They were so fat and roly-poly, and we thought one of the reasons she walked so late was because her feet were just to short and stubby to hold her up.  Now, as the purple polish complete with white flowers was being applied, I looked at her long, slender feet.  I still think she's 2 or 3, not 5!  I can't believe how big she is and how she has grown into a little girl.  We're so thankful for her, and I have no idea what I'm going to do for 5 days a week with no baby girl!  Thank goodness there's the "Boohoo/Yahoo breakfast" tomorrow for other Moms like me, I will need reinforcement!  I will post pics tomorrow of our big first day!


No comments:

Post a Comment