Friday, July 10, 2009

Back from the Beach






We are finally back from our week at Florida with my parents and extended family.  It's our annual trip that we've taken since I was 4 - we've even gone to the very same place all of these years.  Of course we've spent each year the past 10 or so talking about finding a new place, but we always end up back at the familiar.  Good ole' "Latitude 29, The Best Backyard at the Beach" - between Rosemary Beach and Panama City Beach.  What can we say, old habits die hard.

By far the favorite part of the trip for me is watching Lowery with her beloved "cousins."  She thinks the sun rises and sets with these guys - and it's understandable, they are some great kids.  I am very proud of each of them.  Lowery laughs with them and tries to keep up with the "big kids" - I fear she mostly bugs them, but they are sweet and let her hang in with them anyway.  Our favorite highlights - them playing the "movie" game in the pool, Lowery and the girls singing Taylor Swift, Hannah and other Disney favorites (along with a great hoedown throwdown performance in the baby pool by Jansen and Susannah - I have it on video girls, just wait til your Senior Party) and their "Paparazzi" group at Bayou Bill's (they all discovered their inner photographer while waiting for a table).  The Justice shopping trip, the delicious fresh fish, crab hunting, the magic man at Treasure Ship, I could go on and on. . .

 I always go into depression after this trip because I enjoy being around the family for a week.  It was especially hard this year, when coming "home" felt a little different (because where is home for me anyway right now?).

Anyway, a great time was had by all.  Here are some pics.  Glad to be back!  We are looking forward to being in Northwest Arkansas next week (Wednesday through the weekend) and can't wait to see everyone.




1 comment:

  1. I love all your pics!!! We are going to the beach the first week in August. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete