Saturday, May 2, 2009

Our "Confident" Love Bug






Lowery's K-4 Spring Program was Thursday - the "love bug" program.  It was so cute and they all were precious.  All of the kids did great and we loved the little songs and motions.  It was a great performance by everyone.  Also, each child in K-4 was assigned a character trait award - a trait that best describes their gift they have used to God's will the past year.  Lowery's award was "Self-Confident."

UPDATE:  Some of you know that I was a little worried about Lowery's award at first, thinking that maybe it was code for "over-confident."  But I have talked it over with friends and her teacher and am feeling very good about this award.  I am very proud of her and am so glad that she has self-confidence (Lord knows I did not - let's only hope she can keep it through the 5th grade phase where she'll have rabbit teeth, bad hair and beginner's makeup syndrome.)   Of course I made a mountain out of a mole hill, us Moms are good at doing that, and am very proud and pleased (as I always am with our little love bug).  Thanks for all of you who talked sense into me!  

No comments:

Post a Comment