Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Back Home. . .Kind Of

We arrived back at Plano last night after a lovely day of driving in rain and storms.  Can I say that I hate Oklahoma roads - for those of you from Oklahoma, I don't mean to insult you because it is a beautiful and lovely state.  But PLEASE write your government and tell them to help Highway 69!  I swear we felt like we had been on some gyration machine, like the ones that are supposed to help get rid of cellulite.  And I drank three large cups of water with lemon with lunch before we left NW Arkansas so that just added to the misery.

Anyhow, we made it fine and it felt good to be back here.  Always a little bizarre because it feels like home, although maybe not my home.  But it was nice to be back again - and I remembered to bring the silverware this time so we don't have to eat our breakfast cereal with measuring spoons this week.  It is stormy here today so I don't know that we will get any swimming in, but I am planning on heading to Central Market soon to see what I am going to "cook" for dinner this week.  

We will be here until Saturday and then we are going to visit El Dorado for a few days and visit my grandmother and family for Mother's Day.  I'm sure Lowery will have another white-girl moment any time now so I will post something a little more interesting with pics or video very soon. . .