Thursday, August 19, 2010

What did you do this summer?

Okay so the blog has definitely been abandoned as of late. I have so much to catch up on, but still don't really have any time. So here we go, the "executive summary" of summer.

June 14 - July 25: You all know this by now - section, baby, acid reflux, no sleep, plethora of breast problems, newborn life. But she's precious and my heart is full for both my girls. Can you believe she's 10 weeks already?? Things are getting easier every day. And I totally apologize for not having the 1 month, 2 month pictures.I really really meant to - somehow life got in the way. Anyhow, here she is in her 2 1/2 month, boppy as a background glory.

July 30: Lowery's 6th birthday, rock star party, 10 girls with more glitter and hair spray than their own body weight. But is was so fun and awesome entertainment to say the least.


August 4 - August 15: Vacation to Arkansas and then on to Florida at the beach for a week. Awesome condo, wonderful weather, family together with lots of fun - only one problem, still had that newborn, who produced major diaper blowouts in various places in the state of Mississippi (sorry, guests of Holiday Inn Express at Lucedale - you got quite the show when I had to shed my poop covered clothes in the back of the minivan). I did get to eat at Captain Anderson's twice and had some great naps, but landed in the bottom of the cellar on the dominoes games (wait, did I say we visited the beach or a retirement home??)

August 16: Meet the teacher and back to school day, realization that I now have a first grader with long legs and shorter "big girl" hair who was perplexed that I would even suggest she might be nervous about the 1st day. Her teacher is AMAZING and we love PCA!


August 18: First day of 1st grade - Lowery did fantastic. And speaking of shorter hair - I got mine chopped off. You know, the standard "I just had a baby" short hair do. We all do it.
Before:

After (not the greatest pictures of me but you get the idea):

And there you have it... Oh yeah, I did manage to change the blog title to 4 Ds in the Big D since the addition of baby. Maybe at least getting the title updated will get me back on track. Miss you all!!



1 comment:

  1. Baby Charlotte is adorable like her big sis!! She kind of looks like a mini Steve with a hair bow, :)lol...
    I love your new hair do April, I have chopped mine off several times after the baby thing.. it's a must for getting around quicker.
    I miss you all, are you not coming back to Shiloh?
    Take care and keep in touch.
    Janie

    ReplyDelete