Thursday, April 15, 2010

One Thing Checked off the "Things I'll Never Do" List

So my camera is broken and as a result I can't quite do the fabulous reveal I had planned. But picture a gleaming white, brand new Minivan - got it? Now imagine me ducking down in the seat behind the wheel so no one realizes it's me driving it.

Seriously, I told you guys I was irrational! Number one, instead of getting new tires I just decide to get a new car (which actually made quite a bit of financial sense on paper, seriously). And on top of that I got a minivan. Right now it's a love hate relationship. When I'm inside it I love it. When I'm outside of it and realize it's a minivan, I hate it.

Really, I am very thankful and blessed to have such an awesome ride. We took a trip to a Little Rock this past weekend and it was SO nice. Room to spread out, organize our stuff - even Ringo the dog had a whole seat to himself. Lowery got her movie player (which she offered to pay for herself with the $11 in quarters she got from my parents for her report card) and is in love with the automatic doors. I love it too and believe, as a Mom, it's the most wonderful choice out there when you're in the world of car seats and strollers.

But, a few days ago I was in a drive thru line, jamming to some 80's music. I got a glimpse of myself in the window - sporting some awesome gas-station bought sunglasses, season-old sandals, pregnant, listening to Duran Duran and driving a minivan. And it hit me that I had become my worst nightmare.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I LOVE IT!! I'm sure you look HOT in your mini-van! I'm just about as bad...driving a HUGE Suburban. But, it is SO nice to have so much room, and the DVD player is worth its weight in gold!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are hilarious!! Hey I bet I was listening to the same duran duran song the other day when I was in the car line :) seriously!
    You are beautiful no matter what you're driving, you are just one classy momma, period!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are so hilarious! rock that minivan girl1

    ReplyDelete