Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A Name to Honor 92 Years



Today is a very special day - my Grandmother Genelle Lowery's 92nd birthday. This wonderful Christian lady not only has impacted my life in a great way, but many in her church, family and community. I've never known a better Christian who lived their life exactly the way the bible instructs. She has spent her life in service to the Lord and other people, and is very unselfish in everything she does (especially in putting up with my crazy grandfather for almost 60 years). She truly loves her friends, neighbors and family and has made life for my family very special. Today she is in pain, her body broken down after all these years - but her just being here, being involved in our lives is a tremendous gift. So, thank you, "Mam-ma Teedy" for being such a wonderful grandmother, great-grandmother and providing such an excellent example of God's love.

So how do we honor her? Well, we've already got one little girl named for our family, so we decided to make it two. Baby Girl DeVore now has an official name: Lily Elle DeVore, and we will call her Elle. Lily is for my great-grandmother - and Elle for Genelle, my grandmother. Plus, Elle means "God's Promise" - and she definitely is that! And I have to give credit to Kandi, my cousin, for the idea for the name. Thanks girl! Happy Birthday Mam-ma, we are so happy that every time we look at both of our precious girls and call their names it will remind us of you. Here is a pic of Lowery and Mam-ma Teedy. And here is your first real glimpse of Lily Elle - a 4-D ultrasound pic from yesterday!!



4 comments:

  1. I love this post. Your Mam-ma is a special lady and I'm sure she is honored to have 2 girls named after her!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's perfect! I know it means a lot to Mam-ma having 2 babies named after her family! Love you guys and hope to see you soon!

    Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am amazed at how technology can answer our questions (almost) instantly. With 3d ultrasound, I also saw the face of our baby a few months before due. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete